Is There a Way to Request an Inmate be Housed Close to Home?

Yes, there is a procedure to request that an inmate be located close to home, but doing so is up to the Department of Corrections.

As you might imagine, a majority of the beds are in north Florida while most of the people in custody come from central and south Florida. So that means a lot of people are housed far away from their families.

The Department of Corrections maintains a list of frequently asked questions that includes information on how to request a transfer.